For those who know my dad, you’d probably say he’s open minded and thinks outside of the box but sometimes makes impulsive decisions and changes his mind often. But if you really get to know him, what you’ll discover is a man who puts his family first, loves unconditionally, gives great advice, has a huge heart, gives generously…oh and can’t keep a secret!! Let’s be honest dad 😉
But not only is he a great dad, he’s an amazing granddad as well. When it comes to S, he has the patience of a saint. He takes him to the supermarket, to the zoo and to the playground. And S reciprocates by being completely besotted with his “ada”.
Last year I made a list of things I’d like to thank my dad for. This year I’d like to add a few more:
1. Thanks dad for always giving Sam and I free will to make our own decisions and standing behind us to catch us if we fall.
2. Thanks for all the blog inspiration you send my way.
3. Thanks for teaching me my way around a tool box…who knew some children’s toys could be so complicated to assemble!!
4. Thank you for always believing in me and pushing me to pursue my dreams, no matter how crazy they may sound.
5. Most of all, thank you for being the best granddad to S and taking care of his every need!
It is said the highest place on Earth is on your father’s shoulders…thanks for always carrying us sky high! Your sacrifices and support are very much appreciated.
Happy Father’s Day dad, love you.