Last week as I went to log into my Facebook account, I got told it was disabled. My first thought was what the…?! Apparently I violated the terms and conditions and they have reason to believe I am not who I say I am. So they asked me to file a complaint and send in a government issued form of ID that has my full name and D.O.B. (Passport or Drivers License). I did that on Thursday. It is now Sunday and I still have no access to Facebook. On Friday I finally passed level 125 of Candy Crush (okay really my mom passed it for me) but my excitement bubble burst when I realised I had to unlock the next level. And with no Facebook friends to ask, I was stuck! So here I am, in the 21st century with no Facebook and no Candy Crush. Thank God for Whatsapp, that’s all I can say!!
Anyhoo, for those who know me, I’m a glass half full kind of person. So I started thinking about the positive impact not having Facebook and Candy Crush has on me and this is what I came up with.
1. I am not as distracted when I’m with S. I try not to constantly be on my phone when I am with him anyway but there are moments.
2. It’s kind of liberating not to constantly be checking Facebook on my phone – when I wake, before I sleep, in the car, in the loo…you get the idea.
3. My eyes are hurting less because I’m not playing Candy Crush in the dark before I go to bed.
4. I’m not agitated because I can’t pass a level.
5. I really cannot think of a fifth reason, give me a break, I’ve given you 4!!
So let’s be honest, who am I kidding?! I do miss it and Facebook better get their act together pronto!!
I’ve had a few people message me wandering where I am (Thanks ;-)) I’ve not deleted you or blocked you, I’m just waiting for Facebook to allow me back into the 21st century!!
According to this, I am not addicted to Facebook. Are you??